ColorUtils is a module for BarnOwl written by asedeno to make managing color filters easy.
To get started, copy /afs/sipb.mit.edu/user/asedeno/Public/barnowl-modules/ColorUtils.par into ~/.owl/modules/ and then start barnowl.
Once you have ColorUtils loaded, three new command will be added to barnowl:
- setcolor -- set the color for the current message; bound to 'c'.
- savecolors -- persist the current color settings to file.
- loadcolors -- load color settings from file.
setcolor [-b] [-i] <color>
- -b -- set the background color, rather than the foreground color
- -i -- For zephyr classes, color the particular instance. This is the default for class message.
- color -- one of the colors listed in :show colors
Note: Colors are only persisted when the savecolors command is run, not when setcolor is used.
color settings are stored in two files in ~/.owl/
- colormap -- foreground color mappings.
- colormap_bg -- background color mappings.